Macbeth Research Paper Topics
List of 25 Macbeth Research Paper Topics
- Characters obsessed with power in Macbeth and how it affects them
- Choose any two minor characters of the play and examine the ways in which they contribute to the drama’s overall action.
- Discuss the importance of the witches’ role in telling Banquo that he will be the father of future kings. What does his reaction to this news reveal about his real character within the play?
- Dramatic irony used in the play
- Elision technique used in the play
- Imagery usage in the tragedy
- King Duncan and his contribution to the play
- Macbeth as a moral play
- Macbeth’s mental deterioration is an extremely important personal characteristic. But how does it relate to the rest play? Is there an underlying madness that Shakespeare is trying to address about greed and power in all people?
- Social issues addressed in Macbeth
- Symbols used in the play and their effectiveness in passing the intended message
- The characteristics of Macbeth as a leader
- The effectiveness of language used in the play
- The main themes addressed in the play
- The motive of betrayal in the play and its consequences
- The presentation of social hierarchy in Macbeth
- The prophecies in the play and how they are fulfilled
- The role and characteristics of the setting in Macbeth
- The role of the supernatural in the play
- The seven deadly sins described in the play
- The theme of manipulation in Macbeth
- The various dreams in Macbeth and their significance to the plot development
- Three main characters in Macbeth and their relevance in the play
- What contributions does King Duncan make to the play? How does his influence and power affect the way characters plot against one another or are their actions independent of King Duncan’s characteristics?
- Who is more responsible for King Duncan’s murder? Lady Macbeth or Macbeth? Do you think that Lady Macbeth is a more evil or plotting character than her husband? Cite specific examples to support your argument.