Controversial Topics For Teens
People have the need for a discussion in their nature and once teenagers become old enough, they start debating various topics on girls, cars, life, children and many other topics. Still, teens usually have a list of their usual subjects that are the inevitable part of the discussion evening. The most controversial topics for teens will gather many different opinions and perceptions, which is a good way to practice their skills and oral communication that they will eventually need for the college but also throughout the life.
The teens like to write an interesting essay on a topic that allows them to express their personal opinion but also suggestions about the improving a certain thing. For that reason, try to avoid an easy topic that allows only one conclusion to be reached. Topics like a minimum wage, or do guys look better with facial hair allows them a lot of space and the list with the possible opinions is an extensive one. Simply try to engage them into more social topics so they could observe the different angles of the problems so you could develop their analytical skills needed for the further development.
List of 34 Controversial Topics For Teens
- Beauty contests are harmful
- Do guys look better with facial hair?
- Do teenagers today care more about helping out and volunteering than teenagers in the past?
- Does violence in video gaming cause some people to act out violently? If so, is there something we can do to prevent this?
- Fair minimum wage
- How can teens help friends who have self-destructive behaviors like eating disorders, cutting or substance abuse?
- Is hearing your favorite band at a small venue better? Or is there more excitement at a big concert?
- Is it all right to text to ask someone out?
- Is it ever right to post negative comments or pictures about someone online?
- Is it really impolite to ignore a text from a friend? Do you need to text back right away?
- Is playing video games addictive? Is there a point where these games become dangerous?
- Is social media becoming more important than face to face communication among teens?
- Is the skating rink still a good place for teens to hang out?
- Is there more bullying in high schools than in the past? Have the things people get bullied about changed?
- Is wearing glasses cooler than it used to be?
- Pornography and censorship
- Prayer in public schools
- Pros and cons of school uniforms
- Should military recruiting be allowed on campus
- Should minors have access to Plan B emergency contraception
- Should people under 18 be allowed to get a tattoo?
- Should schools allow teens to use their phones and tablets in school?
- Should you pay money to buy the products of a band or artist you like? How obligated are you to support the artists you listen to?
- Teen unemployment
- The ethics of transracial adoption
- What is the best current fashion trend? What is the worst?
- What is the best way to listen to your favorite music?
- Which current pop star is really a good singer? Or is there a current popular singer you’d like to argue is terrible?
- Which is the best arcade game to play? Why?
- Who influences teens the most?
- Why are the old-style arcade games still so popular?
- Why do teens fall in love with celebrities? Or idolize them?
- Why do teens like to go to the mall? What do they do when they go?
- Why do teens spend so much time playing video games? What makes these games so much fun to play?
|Our Partner||Get your assignment written by a professional writer|