Psychology Research Paper Topics
List of 77 Psychology Research Paper Topics
If you want to write a paper, finding a topic is the first step in the process. For a psychology research paper, this is a determining factor for the quality of your paper. Before you start writing, you should have a clear idea of the final outcome of your endeavour.
Choosing a topic
If you want to write about human behaviours, make sure your subject matter is not too broad or too narrow. If you are going to write about cognitive therapy for a mental illness, you should do your research before you dive into action. People will like your writing only if there is substance in it.
To write on a psychological disorder, learn as much as possible about different types of disorders. If you want to write about the development of stress, anxiety or depression, make sure the piece does not sound personal. It is good if a great paper influences your work.
You will find it easy to focus on the subject matter if the topic is narrow. But if it is too narrow, finding sources of information will be difficult. The students of psychology should read classic psychologists. This is perhaps the most important things to do because of the effect of a classic psychologist will help you choose your area of study.
Focus on a specific branch
It is always a good idea to select a specific branch of psychology and work on it. For example, if you choose social psychology, your area of exploration can be person perception, social cognition, persuasion, attitudes, prosocial behaviour, nonverbal communication, or leadership. If you are naturally interested in human psychology, finding a topic will be easier for you.
We encourage you to read this list thoroughly. It will help you find something you are comfortable with. Hopefully, you will be able to make an informed decision.
- Addiction to social media
- Alternative and esoteric psychology
- Anxiety disorder Psychology of the crowd
- Borderline states History, causes and treatment
- Causes, signs and treatments of anxiety
- Childhood traumas: their types and the impact on the adult life
- Chomsky and his influence on the development of psychology
- Clinical psychology
- Cognitive psychology as a revolution in psychology
- Do the psychological portraits of people in different countries differ?
- Does eating breakfast better the work of the student in school Teaching sign language
- Domestic violence and ways to control it.
- Effect of circadian rhythm on humans
- Effect of social media on people’s behavior
- Family counseling
- Feminist psychology as part of gender studies
- Formation of experimental psychology
- Freudism and its basic concepts Psychology and physiology
- Gestalt psychology
- Harry Harlow and his works
- How is psychology different from sociology?
- How to read nonverbal signs
- Intuition as a psychological process
- John B. Watson and his influence on the development of psychology
- Media violence and its influence on children behavior
- Milgram’s obedience experiment
- Online communication and real-life communication
- People’s reaction to violating social norms
- Post-Freudian psychology and its development
- Projective methods in the work of a practical psychologist
- Propaganda. Everyday psychology
- Psychological disorders
- Psychological relaxation: why it is so important?
- Psychological tortures: can they make real harm?
- Psychology and LGBTQ+ people First psychological aid and its importance
- Psychology and mythology
- Psychology and psychiatry
- Psychology and sociology
- Psychology of games: why games are important for our development?
- Psychology of happiness
- Psychology of marriage
- Psychology of sex
- Psychosomatic diseases
- Reasons why people start using drugs.
- Relationship between endorphins and happiness
- Religion and psychology: can the faith be an additional resource for the mind?
- Self-esteem issues in psychology Breaking the abusive and codependent relationship
- Sigmund Freud and his theory
- Social psychology theory
- Socionics: a controversial theory. Does it work?
- Suicidal attempts and psychology of them
- Symptoms of psychological disorders
- The difference between psychologists, psychotherapists and psychiatrists
- The history of psychology. Its development and usage PTSD from ancient to modern times The causes of PTSD and the ways to prevent it
- The influence of bullying on student’s success
- The influence of education to the personality of a person
- The prominent cases in the psychological studies
- The psychological ages of a human
- The psychology of loss
- The reasons for depression
- The role of psychotherapy
- The rules of detecting lies
- The stages of coping with the loss
- The usage of psychology by governments
- Treating disorders in children behavior
- Trinity psychology
- Understanding drug addictions and the causes behind them
- Urgent problems in the psychology of thinking
- Verbal and nonverbal communication
- Weaknesses of the psychoanalytic theories of Freud
- What are the effects of the self-actualization concept of Maslow on psychology?
- What are the negative and positive effects of the internet on your psychological health?
- What are the physical and psychological benefits of laughter?
- What does our appearance say to other people
- What is attachment theory and what are its psychological effects?
- What is the effect of the cognitive dissonance on values and behaviors?
- Works in the psychology history