Terms & Conditions
Update 22 January, 2020
Who We are
This Website is an online platform where Customers can find freelance Writers who can provide high quality writing services. As a platform, We ensure delivery of the services by Writers and payment to Writers by Customers. On this Website, Customers can find Writers with the skills required for their Paper and who meet their budget, Turn Around Time and other content-related requirements (originality of content).
How It Works
The contents on this Website (the “Site”) are provided by https://topicsmill.com/ (hereinafter referred to as “We”, “Us”, “Our”).
By using this Site / placing an order / making payment, it is deemed that You have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions. If You do not agree to them, do not use the Site or access the service from it.
Writers are freelancers and are free to apply for an account. Every Writer needs to pass internal tests prior to being able to take orders. Every Writer has its own rating. Writers with bad ratings are permanently banned to avoid “bad product quality” issues. If Support Team is not sure whether certain Writer is able to provide quality services, Writer can be asked to provide additional data on his education/courses and/or to write a trial Paper in order to test his skills.
Customers can place an order by following the order process for the specific Paper which Writers would deliver. Once Writers accept these terms to deliver the Paper, it will be their responsibility to complete the Paper within the agreed time and ensure the quality.
Once the Paper is complete and payment is made by the Customer, Writers transfer all rights and ownership of the products to the Customer.
You also understand and agree that the Services may include certain communications from Us, such as service announcements, administrative messages and updates.
While registering with the Site, please, use a valid email address/phone number via which You can be reached since We may be required to contact You. Providing an incorrect email address is a violation of the Terms and Conditions of this agreement. In addition, You can also use Your Facebook ID* to register on the Site (*if available).
Customers place orders on the Site. We do not collect any fee for placing orders. Writers bid for the orders placed by Customers.
A Writer specializing in a field chosen by the Customer, contacts the Customer right after the Paper was assigned. The Writer is responsible for obtaining the detailed list of instructions for the Paper to be successfully completed. Once a Writer’s bid is accepted, the Customer deposits the agreed amount of money with Our Site.
We use a messaging system for communication. Our Support Team as well as Writers use a messaging system to get any information on updates regarding the Paper. Please check the inbox regularly, and promptly address any questions, concerns or additional instructions using this interactive feature. You are not allowed to disclose and share any personal information (including e-mail address or phone number) with Writers asking them to work directly with You outside Our service. Messages containing fraudulent words and word-phrases will be automatically blocked by Our system and will not be visible to the Writer. In case You were caught by sharing personal information, the order will be automatically “Finished” with no further investigation or compensation option. We consider such cases as an attempt to scam Our service.
When a Paper order is created by a Customer, both Customer and Writer can use the tracking system to know the progress of the Paper. We also reflect the status and percentage of work completed.
When You upload, submit, store, send or receive files with text information to, or accept similar reports from Our Services, You give/grant to Us (Our representatives, agents, employees and other persons affiliated in whichever mode) a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, host, store, reproduce, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes), You communicate such content.
Delivery and Copyright
We shall not be responsible or liable for any type of delivery issues including those resulting from any of Your service providers like internet, email, etc. which are beyond Our control, or failure of Customer to download the product. Our Support Team is available to assist You with any delivery problems 24/7.
The products delivered by the Writer engaged by You shall be as per Your specifications. You shall own the full copyright pertaining to products and other materials delivered to You. If You find the Writer attempting to pass on plagiarized content as original, You may reject the product and payment may be withheld.
Neither We or any of Our affiliates and / or partners shall be liable for any inappropriate, illegal, unethical, or otherwise wrongful use of the products and / or other written material received from Writers. This includes any disciplinary or legal actions. Customers shall take up the matter directly with Writers for resolution of any disputes.
Customers can seek revisions of the product if it does not meet the specifications provided by the Customer. Release of funds by the Customer is deemed as completion of the Paper to the satisfaction of the Customer. No refund, either in full or in part is possible if the Customer accepts part of the Paper or the complete product and instructs the release of funds to Writer.
In the event that the sources required for Your order are rare, obscure, not open sourced or readily available to the general public, it is Your responsibility and You hereby agree to provide those materials at the time You place Your Order. Failure to do so will result in a violation of these Terms and Conditions and We may in its sole discretion take whatever action deemed necessary to address said violation, including, but not limited to refusal to complete Your Order at all or within the agreed time frame, refusal to fully comply with agreed page requirements of Your Order, and/or refusal to offer free revisions and/or any refund.
Money Back Guarantee
We assess refund requests on a case-by-case basis as there are usually unique reasons as to why a refund request is made. Please note that if You request a refund, We may require documented proof that the quality of Your order is low (e.g., scanned copy of Your reviewer’s feedback, plagiarism report, etc.). Should You feel it necessary to make a refund request, We will immediately forward Your order to Our Quality Assurance Department. After comparing their findings with the reasons for dissatisfaction, the necessary corrective actions will be taken. Any refund request must be made within the Refund Period.
In case We reimburse the money because of mistakes or some irrelevance to the initial instructions, Our Quality Assurance Department, at its sole discretion, evaluates the quality of the Paper and refunds an amount comparable to the percentage of incorrect content in the Paper and mistakes present in it.
We provide various methods of contact (i.e. email, telephone, message board, and live chat) to facilitate communication between You, Us and the Writer assigned to complete an order. Using any of these methods, Our Customer Support Center is available to You at any time and will respond to any refund request or other issue promptly. However, if such a request is not received using any of the aforementioned methods within the Refund Period, the company will not be obliged to honor or consider the above said request.
We offer a 14-day money back period for Papers less than 20 pages and a 30-day period for Papers more than 20 pages (”Refund Period”).
Refund Period begins on the date of Customer`s order deadline and expires on the last day of the Refund Period. In case You are not satisfied with any of the Services, You can submit a refund request according to these Terms within the Refund Period. Once the Refund Period elapses, We will not refund any amounts paid.
We will refund 100% of the payment in the following cases:
– The order has not been assigned to a particular Writer. You can cancel Your order and get a full refund any time before it gets assigned to a Writer;
– In case You accidentally pay twice for the same order, We will refund You the second payment after Your confirmation*
* If You place two identical orders and pay for both of them, We will assume that You need both orders completed and start working on them. Therefore, if any of the orders is paid by mistake, please, make sure You contact Us immediately to clarify the situation. Of course You can cancel any order that You do not need before it is assigned to a Writer;
– If for any other reason Your order is sent to You after the deadline and You do not need it any more, You can request a full refund. However, in such cases, You cannot use the Paper as it fully belongs to Our company. We can decide to utilize it at Our own discretion and We also reserve the right to publish it online as a sample of Our work;
– The research did not align with the initial instructions indicated in the Order Form (this is subject to inspection by a Quality Assurance Department specialist);
– The level of plagiarism exceeded 10% as indicated in the extended plagiarism report.
We will refund some of the payment in the following cases:
– Up to 70% – if You cancel the order “in progress” before deadline if less than half the time has passed**;
– Up to 50% – if You cancel the order “in progress” before deadline if more than half the time has passed**;
** A Writer has already spent a significant amount of time working on Your order and must be compensated
– Up to 70% – if Your order is late, but You still have time and would like to use the Paper, We will recalculate the price according to previous deadline option. The difference in price will be refunded to You.
We will refund no payment in the following cases:
– If You accept order after;
– In case of timely delivery of the product, We will not be responsible for failure of the Customer to download the product. Please note that the You will still be billed for the service rendered and no refund is guaranteed at this point in order to pay the Writer for the work done;
– If any grading of the Paper appears to be below your expectations;
– If Your order is late because You did not provide some required information or materials on-time or We could not reach You via contacts provided, then You can not claim a refund based on lateness. Please, be advised that it is very important to provide valid contact information, including Your email address and phone number, so that We can reach You when emergencies occur;
– Excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with Your use of this Website. The latter includes, without limitation, damage caused to Your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon, or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages;
– Non-refundable VAS – VIP Support, Assign the Writer of Your choice, Choose best Writer automatically, Easy Bidding.
Payment, Tax and Chargeback
Placing an order on the Site for any Paper/project is free. You can add money to Your account any time. However, You must fund the project after You accept the bid of a Writer. You shall release the agreed fee on completion and delivery of the Paper by the Writer and once it is accepted by You; either in stages, or in one lump sum on completion of the entire project, based on the terms of Your agreement with the Writer. After the final document was uploaded (100% completion is stated in Your order) You have 3 days to send Us any complaints or revision requests. After 3 days money will be released to the Writer automatically as this is a part of Our Writers’ protection. Please, review Your order carefully before releasing the full amount of money reserved for the order. Once the entire agreed sum is received by the Writer, it is deemed that the work is complete and is to Your satisfaction, therefore, no refund will be possible.
If You do not plan to use Our services further, We will be allowed to withdraw the money after sending an appropriate request. We ensure fund withdrawal from the User’s account upon request, if such a request is made within a year from the last order date. If You use money from Your balance after the request was sent to Us We reserve the right to reject Your request and close the ticket. If You have previously cancelled the order and money was returned to Your balance, We reserve the right to investigate the reason of cancellation and make a decision to either approve or decline Your withdrawal request based on the results of this investigation. If money on Your balance has never been used before, We will refund it within 3-10 business days after the request is placed.
Money shall be stored in Your personal account for six months following delivery of the last order. Customer keeps his right to make request regarding the return of unused money to Us within six months from the moment of receiving the last order. After expiration of six months unused money shall be transferred to Us on account of paying for operating charges.
A chargeback (being a challenge to a payment that a User files with their card issuer or financial institution), and any subsequent reversal instruction, is made by the payment product issuer or third parties (such as payment processors) and not by Us. We are bound to follow such instructions.
You acknowledge and agree that We will be entitled to recover any chargebacks and reversals that may be imposed on Us by a payment product issuer or third parties (such as payment processors) on funds paid to You by Writers through the Website, as well as any processing or any other fees whatsoever incurred by Us on those chargebacks and reversals.
You agree that We may reverse any such payments made to You, which are subject to chargeback or reversal instruction via Your payment product issuer or third parties (such as payment processors). If You initiate any chargeback request or other “Request for Information” or similar process, You expressly agree and consent to Us to share any and all information in relation to Your agreement of these terms and conditions, in order to defeat any such chargeback request.
You are responsible for paying any taxes, including any services or value added taxes, which may be applicable depending on the jurisdiction of the services provided.
Depending on Your residency or location, You may be subject to certain ad valorem or other taxes, on certain fees that We charge. These taxes will be added to fees billed to You, if applicable.
You acknowledge that You must comply with Your obligations under income tax provisions in Your jurisdiction.
OUR SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR SERVICES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS; ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR; ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SITE BY ANY CUSTOMER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY, AND/OR; ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA OUR SITE. WE MAY PROVIDE LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AS WELL AS ADVERTISEMENTS. WE DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH OUR SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. THESE THIRD PARTY SITES HAVE THEIR OWN PRIVACY POLICIES. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO REVIEW THE PRIVACY POLICIES OF WEBSITES YOU CHOOSE TO LINK TO FROM SITE SO THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND HOW THOSE WEBSITES COLLECT, USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY POLICIES OR OTHER CONTENT ON WEBSITES OUTSIDE OF THE SITE. AS A PROVIDER OF ONLINE SERVICES, WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY STATEMENTS, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY ITS USERS IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, BLOG OR OTHER INTERACTIVE AREA, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
WE FURTHER DO NOT WARRANT THAT ITS SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; THE INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER ITEMS CONTAINED WITHIN THESE MATERIALS WILL BE ACCURATE AND COMPLETE. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE MATERIALS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. WE MAKE NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE THE MATERIALS. NO ORAL ADVICE OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY US, OUR EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, AFFILIATED PARTIES OR THE LIKE, WILL CREATE A WARRANTY; NOR MAY YOU RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE.
We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or through any of Our Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Customer or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials (for the purpose of viewing only), in connection with Our Services Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by the law of Hong Kong. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to these Terms.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
We, an internet service provider, in accordance with requirements established in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), have adopted this DMCA Takedown Policy to prevent the violation of copyrights and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Site. This DMCA Takedown Policy describes our general approach to various infringements, and details a procedure for notifying us regarding potential infringements.
* The Digital Millennium Copyright Act is a 1998 United States copyright law designed to protect certain content providers and create a “safe harbor” from copyright infringement liability for internet service providers that host allegedly infringing user-generated content. Service providers that follow DMCA requirements and takedown rules shall not be liable for copyright infringement by user-generated content.
Subject to these DMCA requirements, anyone who believes that a copyright or other intellectual property right owned or controlled by him/her may be infringed by any file made available by an internet service provider may address the internet service provider’s designated agent in order to protect this copyright or other intellectual property right. To contact designated agent, you should create a notification including at least the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works, including a representative list of such works at the website;
- identification of the material on the Site claimed to be infringing on or to be the subject of infringing activity on the rights of the complaining party, which the complaining party is asking to be removed from the Site or to have access disabled, including information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit Us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
A notice containing this information shall be submitted as a written notification to [email protected].
Any action or other judicial proceeding for the enforcement of this agreement or any of its provisions shall be instituted in the courts of competent jurisdiction of Hong Kong.
Any questions or concerns about these terms and conditions of use should be brought to Our attention by email to [email protected], and providing Us with information relating to Your concern.