Controversial Technology Topics
Nowadays, wherever we go or look, technology has changed our life. Was it for the better or the worst? We are able to receive any piece of information we can possibly imagine in just a few seconds. At the same time, the internet may be seen as a threat to privacy. Technological advancements have allowed us to discover new sources of energy while also have dramatically polluted the atmosphere in the past few decades. It seems as if though each positive aspect of technological advancements can be overshadowed by a negative.
These are just some of the most basic controversial technology topics that students can discuss in a classroom. Writing about a specific subject can be interesting for every student if the chosen topic is relatable and engaging, and is there anything more relatable nowadays than technology? Be sure to check the controversial technology topics below to start writing and talking about them in a classroom. Education should relate to the outside world, and technology is an essential part of it.
List of 24 Controversial Technology Topics
- Are cell phones dangerous?
- Are children under 12 now growing up in a different world than college-age students did? How is it different, and what does that mean for them?
- Are law enforcement cameras an invasion of privacy?
- Developing alternative forms of energy
- Do digital tools make us more or less productive at work?
- Do we have a throw-away society?
- Does access to condoms prevent teen pregnancy?
- Does the Internet need controls or censorship? If so, what kind?
- Drone warfare
- How is digital learning going to change schools and education?
- How will technology change our lives in twenty years?
- Is child behaviour better or worse than it was years ago?
- Should people get identity chips implanted under their skin?
- Should people in all countries have equal access to technological developments?
- Should the government have a say in our diets?
- Technology and its influence on the educational system
- The age of technologies turns us into zombies
- The filthy language on the web
- The usage of smartphones leads to less live communication
- To what extent is the development of new technologies having a negative effect?
- What are new ways people can use technology to change the world?
- What are the long-term effects of living in a technological world? Are these mostly negative or positive?
- When does it become morally wrong to genetically engineer your child?