Argumentative Research Paper Topics
This is the age of economic movements, political debates and technological progress. So if you need to write an argumentative research paper, you can easily come up with argumentative essay topics. While the task is not easy, it is one of the most important steps of the process.
Choosing a topic
When writing a paper, most students struggle to choose a good topic. But writing a good essay is not possible without coming up with good ideas. When you have to write a critical essay, try to choose a contradictive subject. You must defend your ideas in such a way that the readers find it impressive.
Modern education requires critical thinking, and writing these essays is a good way to express critical thoughts. People will like your paper if you are able to express your thoughts clearly and in an interesting way.
For information, you must use different sources. If you are writing this essay for your school assignment, make sure each paragraph is not too long or too short. Writing this type of essays is a great way to show your writing skills.
Use this list
But, as we mentioned earlier, the whole process starts with choosing a good subject matter for your essay. In this page, you will find some of the best subjects for your argumentative research paper. Read the list thoroughly, and you will hopefully find one you are comfortable with.
List of 66 Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Advertising Selling/promotion of a product or manipulation?
- Antisemitism in the world today.
- Are computers making us excessively dependent on technology?
- Are test scores a good judge of a student’s competency?
- Child adoption by a gay family.
- Child advocacy: is it effective enough?
- Co-ed schools vs. single sex schools. Which one would make the smarter choice for a paranoid parent?
- Controversy over children being made into models.
- Corporal punishment.
- DADT repeal and its importance.
- Do personality and beauty pageants have any social relevance?
- Do violent video games cause behavioral problems in children?
- Do we have to talk about feminism that much?
- Does society have an obligation to protect privacy as a basic individual right?
- Does the UN actually have any influence over dictatorial nations?
- Doping and sports: possible misunderstandings
- Efficiency vs. effectiveness. Which is more important for performance?
- Extended breastfeeding: pros and cons.
- Fallacies of Afrocentrism.
- Food safety training and its outcomes.
- Homelessness: whose fault is it?
- Homeschooling vs. public schools. Which is the better option?
- How can we establish nuclear power as a clean source of energy?
- Incest: why is this love forbidden?
- Is cohabitation outside marriage a better option as compared to marriage?
- Is gender equality non-existent?
- Is global warming as serious an issue as it is made out to be?
- Is incessant media intrusion into celebrity lives justified?
- Is the freedom of expression confined to speaking?
- Is the global climate change man-made?
- Is the media being responsible or commercial?
- Is the notion of ‘men being physically stronger and women being mentally stronger’ a way of establishing gender harmony?
- Is the US too keen on global issues and ignorant about domestic issues?
- Is the water crisis greater than the fuel crisis?
- Legalized prostitution.
- Marketing vs. eMarketing. Which is more effective and efficient?
- Money is the root of all evil.
- Native American sovereignty issues.
- Premarital sex: is it a problem in American society?
- Research-wise, should human health be given priority over animal conservation?
- Shorter work weeks.
- Should abortion be made illegal except for certain health-related issues?
- Should condom vending machines be restricted to minors to avoid teenage pregnancy?
- Should creationism be taught in public schools?
- Should fathers get paternity leave from work?
- Should global walls be broken to have “one world”?
- Should international courts be set up for terrorism trials?
- Should marijuana be legalized for recreational purposes?
- Should military schools and training be made compulsory for everyone at the age of 18?
- Should the faculty evaluation form be put up on notice boards and on the net like report cards?
- Should the production and sale of cigarettes be made illegal?
- Should the right to euthanasia be given to each citizen and his family members (in special cases)?
- Should voting be made mandatory for every citizen?
- The effectiveness of military action against terrorism.
- The impact of the Gold Rush on California’s native communities.
- The minimum wage in your state.
- The Pledge of Allegiance: was adding “under God” in 1954 to it the right choice?
- The right age for drinking.
- Tolerance for nudism and naturism.
- U.S. border control: the insights.
- Video games: leisure, or abuse?
- War tax: to pay or to resist?
- What is the appropriate punitive action to be taken against disgraced sportsmen?
- What isn’t worth going to war for?
- What’s happening at the zoo? Animal abuse and problems of animals living in captivity.
- You’re allowed to be cast in pornographic movies when you’re 18. But it’s not OK for you to buy alcohol until you’re 21? Where’s the logic?