Debate Topics For Teens
For teenagers, debating is not only a fun activity but also a quite useful one. In the process, teenagers are able to improve their public speaking, research, and critical thinking skills. By being involved in a debate event organized by a school, teenagers are given a chance to express their opinion regarding a controversial topic or current events as well as to develop good and valid arguments for and against a certain subject.
If you want to promote critical reasoning and analysis among teenagers, be sure to go over these debate topics for teens and choose the ones that you think will suit their interests best. An interesting topic can help students to learn how to express their point of view and understand that it is valued. All in all, teens are about to enter the adult world, critical thinking and research will help them on their journey, and each school has the resources necessary for their development.
List of 25 Debate Topics For Teens
- All citizens who do not vote should pay a fine.
- All students should have an after school job.
- Are professional athletes overpaid?
- Are single-sex classrooms beneficial?
- Are sports programs for children and teenagers too intense?
- Are the lyrics of popular music harmful to children’s development?
- Art Education
- Campus Security
- Do helicopter parents cause harm to their children’s development?
- Does the gender wage gap still exist?
- Every student should be required to take a performing arts course.
- Internet Privacy
- PE should be required of all students throughout high school.
- Renewable forms of energy should be subsidized by the government.
- School Uniforms
- School uniforms should be required in school.
- Should cheerleading be considered a sport?
- Single-gender Schools
- Students Grading Teachers
- Teen Violence
- The legal drinking age should be lowered to 18.
- The voting age should be lowered to 16 years old.
- Wheeled Transportation
- Year round education is not a good idea for student learning.