Debate Topics For Middle School
Many English high schools, as well as high schools in Canada and Australia, are implementing debate topics for middle school kids as the modern modification of our current education. Since old-fashioned education is mostly based upon reproduction of learned-by-heart diverse knowledge and lacks significantly in development of critical thinking, typical classroom is crowded with bored learners who later become quite narrow-minded students.
These debates are designed to change this bad aspect of current education and try to develop academics with more critical thinking, deeper analyzing and wider interest for important matters outside the mere science. The concept suggests that pupils are provided with a list of interesting subjects and controversial matters, pick the topic that suits them best and submit the papers with their elaboration of a given matter.
The teacher usually choose top assignments and some great perspectives written in few good assignments and engage children into hot debate about the given matters. This approach of interactive education will not only promote unique ideas, quality writing style and rhetoric, but also stimulate development of thinking outside the box, thorough analyzing, argumentative elaboration of one’s attitudes and expansion of children’s horizons as future college students and academic representatives.
List of 70 Debate Topics For Middle School
- All citizens should be required to vote.
- All individuals should pay the same tax rate.
- All museums should be free to the public.
- All parents should be required to attend parenting classes before having a child.
- All people should be vegetarians.
- All students should be required to learn a foreign language in middle school.
- All students should be required to learn sewing.
- All students should be required to take a cooking class.
- All students should be required to take a performing arts class.
- All students should be required to take a shop or practical arts class.
- All students should be required to volunteer in the community.
- All students should have daily chores.
- America should give more money to other countries.
- America should have a king and not a president.
- Androids are better than iPhones
- Children should not be allowed to drink soda.
- Children should not watch television on school nights.
- Children under 14 should not be allowed on Facebook.
- Corporal punishment should be allowed in schools.
- Democracy is the best form of government.
- Education is the key to future success.
- Every home should have a pet.
- Every home should have a robot.
- Every student should play a musical instrument.
- Fast food should not be served in schools.
- Grades should be abolished.
- History is an important subject in school.
- Homework should be banned.
- Human cloning should be banned.
- Human cloning should be permitted for progress of humanity.
- Individuals who share music online should be put in jail.
- It is sometimes right for the government to restrict freedom of speech.
- Junk food should be banned from schools.
- Macs are better than PCs
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) should be banned.
- Parents should be allowed to choose their baby’s gender.
- PE should be required of all students throughout middle and high school.
- Peer pressure is more useful than harmful.
- People should become vegetarian to save the planet.
- Performance enhancing drugs should be allowed in sports.
- Prayer of any form should be prohibited in schools.
- Recycling should be required.
- School pictures should be abolished.
- School uniforms should be required.
- Schools should allow online attendance.
- Science fiction is the best form of fiction. (Or any form of fiction of your choosing)
- Single-sex schools are better for education.
- Smoking should be banned.
- Solar energy should replace all traditional forms of energy.
- Sports stars are paid too much money.
- Statewide tests should be abolished.
- Students should be allowed to skip grades in school.
- Students should be held legally responsible for bullying in schools.
- Students should be required to learn about poetry.
- Students should never be forced to repeat a year at school.
- Students should not be graded on their handwriting.
- Students should not be required to show their work in math.
- Teachers should be replaced by computers.
- Television makes people violent and lazy.
- The death penalty is an appropriate penalty for certain crimes.
- The government should provide wireless service for everyone.
- The Internet should be banned from schools.
- The moon should be colonized.
- The right to bear arms is a necessary constitutional amendment.
- The United States should allow mercy killing in all states.
- The voting age should be lowered.
- Torture is justified when dealing with terrorists.
- Video games are too violent.
- Year-round education is better for students.
- Zoos should be abolished.
Watch Middle School Debate Championship
|Our Partner||Get your assignment written by a professional writer|