Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
Before you start writing a criminal justice research paper, you have to choose a good topic. Selecting a subject matter may sound easy, but it is not. If you do not have a good grasp at criminology and incarceration, you will find it hard to make a choice. In this page will find a list of good titles that will help you make an informed decision.
For example, if you want to write something on juvenile crimes, you must know what the laws say about these crimes and how criminalizing works. You must understand the stalking, recidivism, and the roles of prisons. It is of utmost importance to know the proportions of crime and punishment.
If you are going to write something on the use of an illegal drug, you must know in which situations the drug is legal. Your paper may also focus on the moral aspects of capital punishment.
If you find it hard to select something to write about, do not hesitate to seek the help of other students or people who really understand criminology. Brainstorming is one of the best ways to come up with some great ideas.
Read this list carefully, and you will be able to choose a good topic.
List of 66 Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
- Cyberbullying and cyberstalking how can we ensure children are safe from this?
- Date rape and what can be done to avoid?
- Discuss juvenile recidivism.
- Discuss Miranda versus Arizona (1966) and its impact today.
- Discuss parental abduction laws.
- Discuss parts of a criminal trial process.
- Discuss reform versus punishment.
- Discuss restorative justice.
- Discuss the deterrence and rational choice theory.
- Discuss the Harm Principle.
- Discuss the strain theory.
- Discuss the three social structures and crime theory.
- Discuss Witness Protection Programme.
- Do most arrests of youth test positive for drug use?
- Does parole work?
- Has capital punishment deterred crime?
- Has information sharing technology improved in crime against terrorism?
- How accessible and effective the judicial system is? What reforms can improve legal proceedings?
- How accurately do movies, television, and novels depict the criminal justice system?
- How can criminology be adopted into public policy?
- How can offender re entry be made seamless to the society?
- How can offender reentry be made seamless to the society?
- How has forensic evolved over time with use of technology?
- How is jury selection done?
- Influence of people making public policy decisions on the criminal justice system
- Is community policing an effective program against home grown crimes?
- Is identity theft on the increase? What are the recovery plans in place?
- Is predictive policing effective?
- Is probation for mine offenders less expensive for the state?
- Is the extradition law fair?
- Is there a correlation between race and crime?
- Is there a relationship between bad parenting and juvenile delinquencies?
- Is there a relationship between social class and crime?
- Relationship between Mexican drug war and drug use in the United States. How can legalization change today’s violence amount?
- Should all employers run a background criminal check on all new employees?
- Should domestic violence laws be more punitive?
- Should drunk drivers be given more severe punishment?
- Should high schools and colleges develop a school based drug testing?
- Should law enforcement representatives wear cameras to monitor their actions? How can this affect work of the judicial system and law enforcement agencies?
- Should sex offenders be registered in public records?
- Should the death penalty used in juveniles?
- Should there be a nation wide sex offenders registry?
- The main historical twists that affected the modern world of criminal justice
- The origin of capital punishment.
- Type of serial killers?
- Was the real Jack the Ripper caught?
- What determines accuracy of predicting criminal activities?
- What does plea bargaining offer to juvenile delinquents?
- What is forensic science?
- What is mandatory sentencing and the 3 strike rules?
- What is racial profiling?
- What is the effect of wrongful conviction?
- What is the impact of white collar crimes in the society?
- What is the motivation behind hate crimes?
- What is the political, social and legal side of use of deadly force by law enforcement.
- What is the reason behind very few women receiving the capital punishment?
- What is the relationship between aggression and crime?
- What is the relationship between mental illness and crime?
- What is the role of private companies in the public criminal justice system?
- What is your government doing to help protect children from online predators?
- What problems have cropped up in prisons crowding?
- What should and should not be allowed for better gun control?
- What would the criminal justice field look like today if all drugs were legalized?
- When should distributive justice be used in criminal justice?
- Why do most people who serve their sentences once become criminals again?
- Write about innocent people serving their sentences because of judges’ mistakes. What should be done to prevent this?
|Our Partner||Get your research paper written by a professional writer|