Music Argumentative Essay Topics
List of Music Argumentative Essay Topics
- A top ten list of the bands & musicians that will be in the hall of fame.
- Are there any current musicians that will stand the test of time?
- Do music producers have too much power in shaping the music that we hear? Should artists have more freedom?
- Do portable music devices have a negative effect on students’ abilities to pay attention and learn at school?
- Do you believe music magazines and news stories about new bands or artists have any more influence on what sells today?
- Do you believe that modern pop music is as well-written as the pop music of the 50s or 60s?
- Do you believe that pop charts or top 25 lists influence the way different generations shop for music online?
- Do you believe the “album” form which once consisted of multiple sides is now completely gone?
- Do you think that the essence of a true protest song has disappeared? If so why is this?
- Do you think that violent lyrics in music have a role in shaping violence in society?
- Does music have a role in politics or should it largely stay within the realm of entertainment?
- Does the current state of downloadable music affect the way artists and producers approach making an album?
- How did the power of internet streaming change radio play and affect the music industry?
- How do you think music devices will change the way music is recorded in the future?
- How will the music industry evolve in the near future?
- Is music in the workspace a disturbance? Are certain kinds of music encouraged to improve production?
- Parental warning labels have been required on music with obscene or offensive lyrics for over a quarter century. Do you think this is still necessary?
- Should bands that have been out of popularity and inactive for decades, stage comebacks?
- Should celebrities who release music but have no music training or natural talent be afforded the same fame as other musicians?
- What do you believe is the greatest album ever made and what criteria did you use?
- What do you think will make up the next music revolution? Style? Production? Listening habits?
- What role does world music have in your country? Is it a successful genre or do you believe it’s a niche market?
- Who have been the largest musical influences in each genre for the last 20 years? And how are they affecting artists now?