Argumentative Essay Topics On Immigration
List of Argumentative Essay Topics On Immigration
- An analysis of the educational system including costs when considering high levels of undocumented students.
- Analyze how undocumented people have positively or negatively affected the U.S. economy.
- Analyze the benefits and costs of providing support for immigrants who pay taxes despite not being in the U.S. legally.
- Analyze the biggest concerns people have with the current system for legalization.
- Border control and security checks and their ability to protect from hostile or violent threats.
- Discuss human rights abuse along the U.S.-Mexican border and what can be done to prevent future violence.
- Discuss the benefits and costs of illegal immigration considering public health care.
- Discuss the misconception about immigrants and the reasons they enter into the U.S. without the proper documentation.
- Discuss the need to provide quality education to children of undocumented immigrants and how this helps or doesn’t help society.
- Discuss the pros and cons of illegal immigration in regards to local economies.
- Explore the history of how many undocumented immigrants have been able to escape poverty.
- How can legal immigration be streamlined? (policy)
- How has immigration affected the history of the U.S.? (definition)
- How many illegal immigrants live in the U.S.? Who are they and where do they live? (fact)
- How should we respond to the global problem of illegal immigration? (policy)
- Mexican immigrants before and after WWII and the factors and reasons that led to changes.
- Opening the immigration gates and developing an easier path for citizenship or legal residency.
- Public health care policies that may or may not work for all those involved including undocumented immigrants, tax payers, and other members of the community.
- Race disparity in border communities and how illegal immigration affects society in these and surrounding areas.
- Should all states have laws giving policemen the right to require people to prove their legal status? (policy)
- Should the U.S. have a visitor work program? (policy)
- The constitutionality or unconstitutionality of denying public assistance to illegal immigrants and their families.
- The difference in legal processes for immigrants that commit violent and non-violent crimes.
- The effect of both legal and illegal immigration to the nation’s economy, politics, and society.
- The laws governing undocumented people and how they have changed over the course of the last half century.
- U.S. born children of immigrants and the kinds of services they are entitled to receive.
- What causes people to immigrate illegally? (cause)
- What is the relationship between immigration and nationality? (definition)
- Who should be allowed to immigrate? Who should not? (value)
- Would a border fence solve the immigration problem in the U.S.? (fact)