Persuasive Speech Topics For College
List of 49 Persuasive Speech Topics For College
Public speaking is a highly valuable skill, but very few students really master this skill. Developing ideas is the most important thing here. In this page, you will find some great persuasive speech topics for college.
Delivering speeches has always been a part of formal education. Modern academic systems require students to develop this skill because it helps them in many ways.
Choosing a topic
First of all, make sure you choose something you are really comfortable with. Students often make the mistake of selecting issues they can not discuss for a few minutes. Make sure that it is interesting so that you do not lose your enthusiasm.
If you are assigned this task, you can find some great ideas on this website. See the list and select a theme that you think is the most suitable for you. For your homework, do some research online.
If you find it difficult to select a subject, get help from your teachers. If you like public speaking, hopefully, you will find a suitable subject here without any difficulty.
- A border fence will not solve the immigration problem.
- A monthly stipend to cover expenses, for college scholarship athletes.
- A National Health Insurance Program should exist to guarantee basic medical care of all Americans, regardless of income.
- Abolish reliance on SAT and ACT scores in admissions.
- Banning of in-virtro transplants.
- Billboards should be outlawed on interstate highways.
- Cameras placed in federal courtrooms to televise all trials.
- Cell phone use and texting cause lower levels of concentration and focus.
- Child molesters should not be allowed to adopt children. Childcare authorities should carefully screen prospective parents.
- Chronic mental patients should be housed in “halfway houses” in the community, rather than suffer further in mental hospitals
- Churches should not be required to pay taxes.
- College beauty contests should not be encouraged.
- College network should have filters to prevent access of inappropriate materials.
- College students should exercise caution when posting on social media sites.
- Concentrate more on domestic terrorism than terrorism from other countries.
- Cyber attacks can prove harmful to countries.
- Educated people should volunteer as literacy tutors.
- Fast food restaurants should display calorie counts.
- Hotels and motels should increase security to reduce the rising crimes against their guests.
- Identity theft is a huge problem and should be paid attention to.
- It is important to have equal representation of genders and races in political office.
- Magazines marketed for teenagers send the wrong moral and ethical messages.
- Media leaks of the spying on domestic and International communications, including citizens, by intelligence agencies. (hot)
- More recycling has to be encouraged.
- Online education is just as good as classroom learning.
- Pass a federal law to keep the trunk release systems on all new cars standard, to help children’s lives.
- Prohibit offshore drilling until oil companies do some disaster control.
- Psychiatrists and psychologists should testify in court on behalf of the non-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity plea.
- Self-proclaimed “militia” should be closely monitored by the FBI.
- Should girls be allowed on the wrestling and football teams?
- Social networks should be allowed in school.
- Stop selling weapons to other countries.
- Students should not be pushed to compete at athletics.
- Students should take foreign language courses (or any other type of specific course).
- Supporting the Local Food movement by buying and eating the local food.
- Tattooing of minors, whether accompanied by their legal guardian or with a written consent from the legal guardian.
- Tax incentives for international adoption.
- Text books should be replaced by I-Pads and online resources.
- The ban on exploiting the Antarctic resources “restricting it to a “natural reserve” devoted to science and peace” should be maintained.
- The current tax system is unfair to the middle-class and lower-income groups.
- The effects of marrying before completion of school.
- The feminist movement devalued motherhood.
- The government should cut off all foreign aid to dictatorships.
- The government should limit advertising aimed at children.
- The reforming of the school system.
- The use of technological devices in Education.
- Unstaffed scientific missions are less expensive than staffed space flights.
- Use music and art to rehabilitate prisoners.
- What should the role of the United Nations be?