Mental Illness Argumentative Essay Topics
Nowadays, talking about mental health openly is finally becoming the norm, which is incredibly important because one’s well-being depends on more than just physical strength. Mental illnesses affect not only an individual suffering from them and his or her family but also the entire society, which is why the discussion should not be silenced. Such attention toward the issue of mental health also finds its reflection in academic assignments students get. If you need help getting the most out of your writing, you should, first of all, find a good topic.
If you feel like writing about the causes and effects of depression may have been done one too many times, we present you a list of some good mental illness argumentative essay topics. The ideas below address the correlation between one’s experiences and background and his or her psychological health. Check out our suggestions, make a choice, and get inspiration for developing your own argumentative paper for a psychology class.
List of Mental Illness Argumentative Essay Topics
- Are adopted children as mentally healthy as children who stay with their birth parents?
- Are there some people who have no conscience?
- Do children who are under five when their parents’ divorce do better or worse than children who are older?
- Do media such as video games, movies, and music tend to help people release pent-up emotion so that they are more mentally healthy, or does it tend to cause people to become more violent, angry and afraid?
- How can a person with OCD prevent their disorder from taking over their lives?
- How can you know if you are mentally ill or not?
- How did survivors of the Holocaust keep from becoming mentally ill?
- How do doctors treat soldiers with post-traumatic stress syndrome?
- How do you know when someone you love has a mental illness?
- How does obesity affect mental health?
- How does the divorce of a parent affect the mental health of college students?
- How does the mental health of Americans compare to mental health in other countries?
- How is color related to a mental state?
- Is mental illness genetic? How much do genes affect a person’s ability to have mental health?
- Is there a genetic basis for some people becoming violent?
- Is there ever a time when physical violence should be forgiven and forgotten?
- Should genetic testing be done to criminals? Should evidence that the criminal had poor impulse control or other genetic mental weakness be taken into consideration during a trial?
- What are phobias? What are the most common things people are afraid of? What are the most unusual fears?
- What are the mental illnesses most common among returning soldiers?
- What causes anorexia?
- What causes some children to become self-destructive?
- What is ADHD? What causes it?
- What is obsessive-compulsive disorder? How can you tell if someone has this?
- What is Sensory Deficit disorder? How can you tell when someone has it?
- What is the effect on children of their parent’s divorce?
- What is the physical effect of stress and anxiety? How does mental stress hurt our physical
- What is the youngest age a person can be mentally ill?
- When a person is really a danger to themselves or others?
- Which country in the world has the best mental health? Why?
- Which gender has the most mental illness, men or women?
- Which is worse for returning soldiers, their physical or their mental injuries?
- Why are so many artists mentally unstable?
- Why are so many homeless people mentally ill?
- Why do teenagers cut themselves?
Need a paper sample or can’t find the right topic?
Looking for examples of Essays on Mental Illness?