Controversial Persuasive Speech Topics
People are naturally attracted to controversial things. This is a human instinct. So, public speaking on such a subject matter is one of the surefire ways to hold the attention of your audience. If you are assigned to write one, first of all, you have to choose a good subject matter.
Choosing controversial persuasive speech topics is something that many students struggle with. There are good reasons for that. Choosing a subject matter for public speaking is more difficult than it sounds. Modern academic education encourages public speaking because public speaking is a very useful skill.
Choose a good topic
If you want to speak in front of people on something difficult, you must choose the subject matter wisely. That is why you should do your research and come up with something you are comfortable with.
Not only school and college students but also children are now taught the art of public speaking because it is considered as a very important skill in the job market. That is why you should take it seriously and do hard work.
Hopefully, this list will help you find a good topic for your speech.
List of 49 Controversial Persuasive Speech Topics
- A non-college education for higher income possibilities. (A PhD Biologist earns less than a highly skilled aircraft engine mechanic.)
- Abolishment of the jury, giving sole power of decision to a judge or to a panel of judges.
- Allowing drugs in some sports competitions will allow us to keep others clean.
- Anarchism is better than all forms of government due to its definitions and applications.
- Availability of HIV drug kits in drug stores.
- Bailing out of banks and financial institutions by the government.
- Ban all foods containing “beef,” in view of the huge 2013 meat adulteration scandal.
- Chip implants in pets for identification.
- Climate change is more political than scientific.
- Fast food chains should face regulations as a result of the nation’s obesity problem.
- Gender choice during child adoption.
- Harvesting sperm from dead male relatives/spouses for someone else to have their own children.
- Hunting is good as it brings in money for the state and local businesses.
- Implanted GPS systems threaten privacy.
- Islamic economics and capitalism. Which is better?
- It should be legally made mandatory for adoptive parents to allow biological parents access to the children they gave birth to.
- Journalism is the art of intellectual prostitution.
- Legalization of assisted suicide for people suffering from terminal illnesses.
- Mandatory implants of contraception against pregnancy for all (both sexes) close to the average onset of puberty until people obtain a license to have children. To conceive, both parents must be certified.
- Nature versus nurture. Going green is not legit and isn’t working.
- New York City soft drink size limit should be implemented.
- Polygamy should be legalized.
- Racial profiling should be done.
- Religion can help with the spiritual growth in a society where people are nothing more than shelled husks without souls, where only money and superficial beauty matter.
- Say no to adult content in cartoons and other programs watched by children.
- Say no to palm oil and other products made with palm oil and save the orangutans.
- Should churches work harder to be multi-racial?
- Should prayers be imposed in schools? Why?
- Single parents should not be allowed to adopt.
- Terminally ill patients should be allowed to use h****n.
- The ethics of combining human and animal DNA in order to research stem cells.
- The ethics of Drone warfare.
- The merits of genetically modified organisms, specifically transgenic crops.
- The negative impact of a lesbian mother on her daughter.
- The requirement of a warrant for search and seizures should be dropped.
- The use of biological weapons that strike a specific race and leave most others unharmed.
- The use of health insurance companies, of the medical history and genetic information of their clients.
- The use of stem cells from aborted babies to cure diseases.
- The world would be better off without organized religion.
- Torture as a useful interrogation tool for particularly heinous crimes like rape, child molestation, murders etc.
- UK is a surveillance society based on the level of regulation and surveillance.
- Why America should stop behaving like the World’s police force.
- Why mass school shootings should not get media attention.
- Why self help books cannot help and are cheap and short-term fixes, rather than a long-term solution.
- Why the all-male court culture doesn’t work.
- Why the decision to disarm Americans may lead America to Civil war?
- Why using ‘Yank’ ‘N****r’ ‘Abo’ ‘Asian’ ‘Kiwi” etc. is not offensive.
- Why we should not buy music released under RIAA labels.
- Zodiac signs changed with the introduction of the 13th.
|Our Partner||Get your assignment written by a professional writer|