Environmental Argumentative Essay Topics
Environmental issues, such as climate change, are undoubtedly among the most critical ones nowadays, which is why many students are often given the task of writing an academic paper about the environment. While narrative and persuasive essays may have already become boring to you, argumentative tasks require your thorough and multidimensional research. To help you and save some of your precious time, we have decided to make a list of the best environmental argumentative essay topics and ideas, which you’ll find below.
Notice that the ideas we have suggested for you are unique and innovative since there’s a good chance that everyone is already bored from talking about why we don’t need to use gas. For your next argumentative essay assignments, choose one topic from the great ones presented below, surprise your professors and classmates, and broaden your knowledge regarding the environment.
List of Environmental Argumentative Essay Topics
- Are cheap goods worth it considering the environmental damage caused to produce them?
- Are humans responsible for climate change?
- Are hybrid cars as environmentally friendly as they are portrayed to be?
- Are people overly concerned about the environmental effects of nuclear power?
- Can electric cars solve the air pollution problem in big cities?
- Does consumer waste recycling have a significant positive effect on the environment?
- Does hunting have a negative or positive impact on the environment?
- Does nuclear energy production help to reduce pollution?
- Does paying for plastic bags in supermarkets help the environment?
- Does reduced electricity consumption in homes help the natural environment?
- Is global warming caused by men?
- Is the nuclear waste produced by nuclear submarines and nuclear power stations disposed of safely enough?
- Is the United States doing enough to reduce CO2 emissions?
- Is wildlife watching good or bad for preserving animal species?
- Should all future cars be hybrid vehicles to minimise environmental damage and pollution?
- Should all people travel by public transport?
- Should car owners pay more in taxes as a result of the environmental damage caused by pollution?
- Should companies that are found guilty of dumping toxic waste and materials be shut down?
- Should homeowners receive grants for installing solar panels?
- Should individual households do more to recycle any rubbish that they produce?
- Should individuals face stricter penalties as a result of littering?
- Should oil and gas exploration be allowed in natural reserves?
- Should the government make public transport free in order to reduce the polluting effect caused by individuals travelling by cars?
- Should the United States set a good example for the rest of the world when it comes to reducing pollution?
- The government should do more to end the reliance on non-renewable energy sources